The Association of Internet Researchers calls for submissions for the 2020 AoIR Dissertation Award. To be eligible for the AoIR Dissertation Award, a PhD dissertation in the area of internet research must have been filed in the 2019 calendar year. Nominations (self and other) must be received by 15 April 2020. All methods and disciplines are welcome.
- A nomination letter that explains why the dissertation is deserving of the award
- How it contributes to internet research
- The graduate or their supervisor must be a member of AoIR
- A PDF copy of the dissertation should be emailed
- Filed in 2019 (meaning fully defended, all edits complete, filed/published with a 2019 copyright)
- How To submit: A PDF copy of the dissertation, together with the nomination letter, should be emailed to dissertationaward [@] aoir.org.
The recipient of this award will be announced in the summer. In addition to winning a cash prize, the individual will also be invited to present their research in a session at AoIR2020 in Dublin, Ireland, 29-21 October 2020.
Past Award Recipients are listed on the AoIR website
For any questions please contact Carmen Lee dissertationaward [@] aoir.org or Lynn Schofield Clark prez [@] aoir.org.