The Association of Internet Researchers calls for submissions for the 2019 AoIR Dissertation Award. To be eligible for the AoIR Dissertation Award, a PhD dissertation in the area of internet research must have been filed in the 2018 calendar year. Nominations (self and other) must be received by 15 April 2019. All methods and disciplines are welcome.
– A nomination letter that explains why the dissertation is deserving of the award
– How it contributes to internet research
– A PDF copy of the dissertation should be emailed to dissertationaward [@] aoir dot org
– The graduate or their supervisor must be a member of AoIR
– Self-nominations are permitted
– Filed in 2018 (meaning fully defended, all edits complete, filed/published with a 2018 copyright)
The recipient of this award will be announced this summer. In addition to winning a cash prize, the individual will also be invited to present their research in a session at AoIR 2019 in Brisbane, Australia, 3-5 October 2019.
The committee this year is comprised of Carmen Lee, Eugenia Siapera, and Aram Sinnreich, and chaired by Colin Agur.
For any questions please contact Colin Agur email@example.com or Axel Bruns firstname.lastname@example.org.