The Association of Internet Researchers calls for submissions for the 2017 AoIR Dissertation Award. To be eligible for the AoIR Dissertation Award, a PhD dissertation in the area of internet research must have been filed in the 2016 calendar year. Nominations (self and other) must be received by 15 April 2017. All methods and disciplines are welcome.
– A nomination letter that explains why the dissertation is deserving of the award
– How it contributes to internet research
– A PDF copy of the dissertation should be emailed
– The graduate or their supervisor must be a member of AoIR
– Self-nominations are permitted
– Filed in 2016 (meaning fully defended, all edits complete, filed/published with a 2016 copyright)
The recipient of this award will be announced this summer. In addition to winning a cash prize, the individual will also be invited to present their research in a session at AoIR 2017 in Tartu, Estonia, 18-21 October 2017.
The committee this year is comprised of Jeremy Hunsinger, Daren Brabham, Jill Rettberg Walker, Tim Highfield and chaired by Mathias Klang.
For any questions please contact Mathias Klang dissertationaward at aoir dot org or Jenny Stromer-Galley prez at aoir dot org