AoIR2020 Life (Online) Participation Opportunities
The AoIR Executive Board and #AoIR2020 Host Committee is pleased to share with you details about the upcoming #AoIR2020 conference. As you may know, AoIR has decided that the conference that was scheduled to take place in Dublin will now be hosted as a virtual event to take place 26-31 October 2020. All #AoIR2020 virtual events will be open only to members of the Association, so it is important that you renew your membership (https://members.aoir.org/) if you wish to participate in October (Standard membership: USD$45; Student membership: USD$30; Living in non-OECD: USD$10). All events will be free to members!
For detail information on all the virtual events happening for #AoIR2020 Life (online), please visit our How to Participate page. You will need to log into your AoIR membership to see this page.
We’re also pleased to announce that the conference keynote will be provided by Kate Crawford, Distinguished Research Professor at NYU and cofounder of the AI Now Institute; and Senior Principal Researcher at Microsoft Research New York.
At the conference, you’ll be able to:
- Watch pre-recorded lightning talks of accepted AoIR panels, papers, roundtables, and fishbowls on YouTube
- Leave Q & As with AoIR authors on YouTube
- Attend a fireside chat (a keynote that will be held in “conversation style” with opportunities for Q & A) via Zoom with Kate Crawford, Distinguished Research Professor at NYU and cofounder of the AI Now Institute; and Senior Principal Researcher at Microsoft Research New York via Zoom
- Attend a live plenary session on AoIR Life with Prof. Helen Kennedy, Prof. Rob Kitchin, and Assoc. Prof Seeta Peña Gangadharan via Zoom
- Participate in a live moderated and themed discussion with AoIR colleagues via Zoom
- Interact one-on-one with publishers &/or attend a workshop on publishing via Zoom
- Have fun, play games, & make new friends with AoIR via Zoom, Online Town & other locations
- Take part in other live events scheduled by AoIR participants via Zoom
- Read the extended abstracts in Selected Papers of Internet Research (SPIR), the open access online collection of accepted conference papers published annually
- Attend the Association’s Annual General Meeting
Be sure to renew your membership (https://members.aoir.org/) by 1 September to participate! (Standard membership: USD$45; Student membership: USD$30; Living in non-OECD: USD$10). All events will be free to members!