We are happy to announce the results of the AoIR Executive Committee election. But first, some thank yous and some information about the election.
AoIR would like to thank our election monitors, Fabio Giglietto and Jennifer Stromer-Galley, who, in accordance with the terms of our Bylaws certified the results. And of course thank you to everyone who ran for office and everyone who voted!
The new Executive Committee will officially take office in October at the Association General Meeting. We hope you’ll join us online to meet with them and provide your input regarding the future direction of the Association.
Here is your 2023 – 2025 Executive Committee
- President (elected as Vice President in the 2021 Election): Nicholas John, The Hebrew University of Jerusalem, Jerusalem, Israel
- Vice President (becomes President in two years): Sarah Roberts, UCLA, USA
- Immediate Past President (elected as Vice President in the 2019 Election): Tama Leaver, Curtain University, Perth, WA Australia
- Secretary: Gabriel Pereira, London School of Economics and Political Science, UK
- Treasurer: Sam Srauy, Oakland University Michigan, USA
- Graduate Student Representative: Tom Divon, The Hebrew University of Jerusalem, Jerusalem, Israel
- Open Seats: 1) Sophie Bishop, Sheffield University, UK; 2) Ariadna Matamoros-Fernandez, Queensland University of Technology, Australia; 3) Job Mwaura, University of Cape Town, South Africa
Additionally, the new AoIR Code of Conduct has been ratified by membership vote.
Thanks again to everyone who participated in the election. AoIR is excited about our future with such a great group of members leading the way!