2022 AoIR Dissertation Award Nominations
The Association of Internet Researchers calls for submissions for the 2022 AoIR Dissertation Award. To be eligible for the AoIR Dissertation Award, a PhD dissertation in the area of internet research must have been filed in the 2021 calendar year. Nominations (self and other) must be received by 1 May 2022. All methods and disciplines are welcome.
– A nomination letter that explains why the dissertation is deserving of the award
– How it contributes to internet research
– A PDF copy of the dissertation should be emailed to dissertationaward [at] aoir.org
– The graduate or their supervisor must be a member of AoIR (by 1 May 2022)
– Self-nominations are permitted
– Filed in 2021 (meaning fully defended, all edits complete, filed/published with a 2021 copyright)
The recipient of this award will be announced mid-year 2022. In addition to winning a cash prize, the individual will also be invited to present their research in a session at #AoIR2022 in Dublin, November 2022.
The committee this year is comprised of Andra Siibak-University of Tartu (Chair), Rafael Grohmann-Unisinos University, Anne Kaun-Södertörn University, John G. Mcnutt-University of Delaware, and Lynete Lusike Mukhongo-Fort Valley State University.
For any questions please contact Andra Siibak dissertationaward[at]aoir.org or Tama Leaver prez[at]aoir.org.