2021 AoIR Dissertation Award Nominations
The Association of Internet Researchers calls for submissions for the 2021 AoIR Dissertation Award. To be eligible for the AoIR Dissertation Award, a PhD dissertation in the area of internet research must have been filed in the 2020 calendar year. Nominations (self and other) must be received by 15 April 2021. All methods and disciplines are welcome.
– A nomination letter that explains why the dissertation is deserving of the award
– How it contributes to internet research
– A PDF copy of the dissertation should be emailed to dissertationaward [@] aoir dot org
– The graduate or their supervisor must be a member of AoIR (by 15 April 2021)
– Self-nominations are permitted
– Filed in 2020 (meaning fully defended, all edits complete, filed/published with a 2020 copyright)
The recipient of this award will be announced this summer. In addition to winning a cash prize, the individual will also be invited to present their research in a session at #AoIR2021 October 2020.
The committee this year is comprised of Taina Bucher-University of Oslo (chair), Nadia Kutscher-University of Cologne, Jessica Lingel-University of Pennsylvania, John McNutt-University of Delaware, Jasmine Rault-University of Toronto, Aljosha Karim Schapals-Queensland University of Technology
For any questions please contact Taina Bucher dissertationaward @aoir.org or Lynn Schofield Clark prez @ aoir.org.