We are happy to announce the results of the AoIR Executive Committee election. But first, some thank yous and some information about the election.
AoIR would like to thank our election monitors, Jonathon Hutchinson and Steve Jones, who, in accordance with the terms of our Bylaws certified the results. And of course thank you to everyone who ran for office and everyone who voted!
The new Executive Committee covers five continents and will officially take office in October at the Association General Meeting. We hope you’ll join us online to meet with them and provide your input regarding the future direction of the Association.
Here is your 2021-2023 Executive Committee:
• President (elected as Vice President in the 2019 Election): Tama Leaver, Curtin University, WA, Australia
• Vice President (becomes President in two years): Nicholas John, The Hebrew University of Jerusalem, Israel
• Immediate Past President (elected as Vice President in the 2017 Election): Lynn Schofield-Clark, University of Denver, CO, USA
• Secretary: Emily van der Nagel, Monash University, VIC, Australia
• Treasurer: Kelly Quinn, University of Illinois at Chicago, IL, USA
• Graduate Student Representative: Ozlem Demirkol-Tønnesen, University of Southampton, United Kingdom
• Open Seats: 1) Job Mwaura, University of Cape Town, South Africa ; 2) Raquel Recuero, Universidade Federal de Pelotas, Porto, Pelotas – RS, Brazil 3) Cindy Tekobbe, University of Alabama, AL, USA
Thanks again to everyone who participated in the election. AoIR is excited about our future with such a diverse group of members leading the way!