We are excited to announce the results of our recent election for the AoIR Executive Committee. But first, some thank yous and some information about the election.
AoIR would like to thank our election monitors, Alex Halavais and Andra Siibak, who, in accordance with the terms of our Bylaws certified the results. And of course thank you to everyone who ran for office and everyone who voted.
The new Executive Committee will officially take office in October at the Association General Meeting. We hope you’ll join us in Brisbane to meet with them and provide your input regarding the future direction of the Association.
Here is your 2019-2021 Executive Committee:
• President (elected as Vice President in the 2017 Election): Lynn Schofield-Clark, University of Denver
• Vice President (becomes President in two years): Tama Leaver, Curtin University
• Immediate Past President (elected as Vice President in the 2015 Election): Axel Bruns, Queensland University of Technology
• Secretary: Katrin Tiidenberg, Tallinn University
• Treasurer: Kelly Quinn, University of Illinois at Chicago
• Graduate Student Representative: Zoe Glatt, London School of Economics
• Open Seats: 1) Crystal Abidin, National University of Singapore/Jönköping University; 2) Fabio Giglietto, UniversitÃ di Urbino Carlo Bo; 3) Erika Pearson, Massey University
Thanks again to everyone who participated in the election. AoIR is excited about our future with such capable members leading the way!