AoIR 2018 Dissertation Award Nominations
The Association of Internet Researchers calls for submissions for the 2018 AoIR Dissertation Award. To be eligible for the AoIR Dissertation Award, a PhD dissertation in the area of internet research must have been filed in the 2017 calendar year. Nominations (self and other) must be received by 15 April 2018. All methods and disciplines are welcome.
– A nomination letter that explains why the dissertation is deserving of the award
– How it contributes to internet research
– A PDF copy of the dissertation should be emailed to dissertationaward [@] aoir dot org
– The graduate or their supervisor must be a member of AoIR
– Self-nominations are permitted
– Filed in 2017 (meaning fully defended, all edits complete, filed/published with a 2017 copyright)
The recipient of this award will be announced this summer. In addition to winning a cash prize, the individual will also be invited to present their research in a session at AoIR 2018 in Montréal, Canada, 10-13 October 2018.
The committee this year is comprised of Eugenia Siapera, Colin Agur, and Aram Sinnreich, and chaired by Daren Brabham.