The Executive Committee is the primary decision-making body of the Association of Internet Researchers. Its primary role is to ensure the continued viability of the Association, advance the interests of members and of Internet research in general. The Committee is elected every two years, with the previous Vice-President becoming President.
The current executive, which took office in October 2013, is:
- President – Lori Kendall
- Vice-President – Jennifer Stromer-Galley
- Treasurer – Michael Zimmer
- Secretary – Andrew Herman
- Graduate Student – Anthony Hoffmann
- Open Seats (3) – Sun Sun Lim, Annette Markham, Kelly Quinn
- Past President – Alex Halavais
The Executive Committee establishes working parties from time to time that include members as well as executive representatives, such as the current Ethics Working Group.